Amazon announced the fourth edition of its Echo Dot speaker, known as Echo Dot with Clock at its Seattle event on Sept. 25, 2019. The speaker is almost identical to the previous version, but now it has an attractive LED clock face that always tells you the time. You can also tap the top of the device to activate a “snooze” feature, which further reinforces its potential as an alarm clock.
Amazon Echo Dot with Clock Functionality
The 4th-gen Amazon Echo Dot is, for the most part, very similar to its predecessor. It’s still a small, circular Alexa speaker, which will respond to your commands, pair with your other Amazon gadgets, issue smart home orders.
The big difference this time around is an always-on LED clock face, which tells you the time by default. You can also program it to show temperature or the times of upcoming alarms.
Amazon Echo Dot 3 2019 Specification:
- Now available with an LED display that can show the time, outdoor temperature, or timers.
- Perfect for your nightstand – Ask Alexa to set an alarm. Tap the top to snooze. The light sensor automatically adjusts the display’s brightness, day or night.
- Voice control your music – Stream songs from Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, Sirius XM, and others. You can also listen to audiobooks from Audible.
- Enjoy stereo sound – Pair with a second Echo Dot for rich, stereo sound. Fill your home with music with compatible Echo devices in different rooms.
- Ready to help – Ask Alexa to play music, answer questions, read the news, check the weather, set alarms, control compatible smart home devices, and more.
- Voice control your smart home – Turn on lights, adjust thermostats, lock doors, and more with compatible connected devices.
- Alexa has skills – With tens of thousands of skills and counting, Alexa is always getting smarter and adding new skills like tracking fitness, playing games, and more.
- Designed to protect your privacy – Built with multiple layers of privacy controls, including a microphone off button that electronically disconnects the mics.
|Size||3.9” x 3.9” x 1.7” (99 mm x 99 mm x 43 mm)|
|Weight||10.6 oz. (300 grams) Actual size and weight may vary by manufacturing process.|
|Wi-Fi connectivity||Dual-band Wi-Fi supports 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4 and 5 GHz) networks. Does not support connecting to ad-hoc (or peer-to-peer) Wi-Fi networks.|
|Bluetooth connectivity||Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) support for audio streaming from your mobile device to Echo Dot or from Echo Dot to your Bluetooth speaker. Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) for voice control of connected mobile devices. Hands-free voice control is not supported for Mac OS X devices. Bluetooth speakers requiring PIN codes are not supported.|
|Audio||Built-in speaker for voice feedback when not connected to external speakers. 3.5 mm stereo audio output for use with external speakers (audio cable not included).|
|System Requirements||Echo Dot comes ready to connect to your Wi-Fi. The Alexa App is compatible with Fire OS, Android, and iOS devices and also accessible via your web browser.|
|Setup Technology||Amazon Wi-Fi simple setup enables customers to connect smart devices to their Wi-Fi network in a few easy steps. Wi-Fi simple setup is another way Alexa is always getting smarter.|
|Warranty and Service||90-day limited warranty and service. Additional 1-year, 2-year, and 3-year extended warranty available for U.S. customers sold separately.|
|Accessibility Features||The Alexa app and Alexa-enabled products include several features for customers with accessibility needs related to vision, hearing, mobility, and speech.|
|Included in the Box||Echo Dot, power adapter (15W), and Quick Start Guide.|
|Generation||Echo Dot (3rd Gen) with clock – 2019 release|